On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 7:59 AM James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
wrote:

> Let's continue here.  It seems there is some confusion around this
> particular subject, because I don't know that we really reached a
> point where we said "this is what we're SUPPOSED to do in this
> situation" with TinkerPop.  We just did what we thought was best at
> the time.  It would be good to have at least some codified guidelines
> somewhere on a wiki page or something that will help newly-incubating
> projects in similar situations.  Since I do some assistance with
> secretary@, I don't mind helping with the documentation.  I will be
> one of the main ones interested in said guidelines. :)

Umm, I'm actually surprised to hear this.  i think the IP Clearance page on
the incubator is clear enough with regard to how to proceed, in addition to
the general Incubation policy.  Finally the initial code dump should be
referenced as well.

http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#initial-import-code-dump

In the case of groovy, does Pivotal own it or does someone else own it?  If
I look at https://github.com/groovy/groovy-core/blob/master/NOTICE it
indicates that an entity known as "The Groovy community" owns it, in which
case the SGA should probably come from them, no?  Or is "The Groovy
community" not a legal entity?

John