If a single legal entity has the copyright, the entity makes a grant.
If the code was built by a large community under the apache license,
there's no one to make a grant. 'The community' expressing its desire
to move to Apache is enough. This is an edge case of the principle
that we only accept code when the copyright owner has a positive
intent to contribute it; there's no way to test that for everyone who
ever made a 2-line patch. Reference Subversion, I think.