On 31/03/15 03:08, David Nalley wrote:
>> the master ASFxxx account be associated with. I see
>> two alternatives here:
>>     * ASF Infra team collectively owns it
>>     * Whoever controls @TheASF owns it
> Neither IMO.
> Infra doesn't want it ...
> And burdening Sally, Jim, Joe, etc with scores of projects credentials
isn't going to scale well.

My impression was that Roman was implicitly suggesting that there be
_one_ account/person somewhere with the Apache Software Foundation
structure, that would have ultimate command and control of _all_
Twitter, and other social media accounts. This individual would _not_ be
responsible for day-to-day activities, but rather, serve as:
* an all points backup;
* Single point of contact to find out who to contact regarding a
specific Social Media account associated with either the Apache Software
Foundation, or an Apache project.

My thinking is an email account along the lines of
"social_media_direc...@apache.org", which either automatically forwards
incoming email to the appropriate party, or lets email sit in a queue
until a human looks at it. (Procmail recipes could forward/respond
appropriately to at least 70% of the inbound emails, before doing any
tweaking.)
Where needed, a similar account on the specific social media platform
could also be created. (For example, on Twitter, it would be
ASF_Social_Media_Director.)

I don't know where in the ASF hierarchy this position should be, though.
Something along the lines of pr...@apache.org, but with the requirement
of Marketing, Public Relations, and VP to approve everything that goes
out/gets forwarded.

jonathon