Hi Cedric,

It's dug down somewhere in my memories, I bet somebody like Marvin or Roman or Ted could quickly pull out their magic hats the authoritative link. There ore other projects that release in non-asf packages (e.g. geronimo specs in javax.*) for very good reasons. I don't know what and how applies to your concrete Groovy situation. While there are exceptions, my understanding is that it's a pretty strong requirement.

The rationale has something to do, iirc, with the fact that we cannot release code in packages for which we don't own the domain and would create confusion and possibly conflicts for downstream users. If I am wrong, hopefully somebody will correct me.

Cheers,
Hadrian