On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 4:27 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
wrote:

>    #2 The #1 goal is achieved via mentorship. In fact mentorship is
> not even required
>         as the case of Zest (and hopeful Yetus soon) demonstrated.
>    #3 When mentorship is required IPMC entrusts the mentors to guide
> the project to graduation. It should let them do that.

> In short, I'd like to see IPMC behave more like the ASF board, and
> provide an effective
> oversight over the mentors not micro management. This is a tough
> balance, I know.

I also have this view point, sort of. I think the Incubator is "too heavy"
and currently not at all modeled after the Board (compare 9 directors with
100s of IPMC members). We don't bring Apache Hadoop Release Vetting and
Vote to the Board, it should be with the Mentors and podling community, and
after a release has been made, a line item shows up in the next report.

Empower the Mentors to run the podlings, teach the newcomers and bring it
to TLP.

This list would become a "go to"-list, for inspiration, exchange and
coordination, similar to the ComDev list or the internal Member's list.

About 40% of the last 100 threads on general@ is "vote release"... Cut that
away is a good start in reforming the Incubator...

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer