On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 2:50 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org> wrote:
> ...is Apache Brand meant to protect *any* possible object/binary
> artifact or only those that PMC actually care about?...

IMO any object/binary created from our source code has to be clearly
identified as not coming from the ASF.

If Kermit distributes a compiled version of httpd for example I would
expect that to be labeled as "Kermit's distribution of the Apache HTTP
Server".

And if that's done properly I would expect filenames to reflect this
where possible, so Kermit's binary package should be named like
"kermit-httpd-2.4.16.tgz" to help prevent confusion.

-Bertrand