[trimmed response right now; in favor of getting a couple other voices]

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 7:01 PM, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:

> What is this, randomly propose changes to the incubator month?

Has nothing to do with the Incubator, but with how a PMC records its IP
clearance. And more importantly, to clarify that a PMC is not beholden to
the IPMC.

> Let me repeat what I just said.  I don't believe I was being obtuse,
> but then again, you don't appear to have read what I wrote.

I certainly read it, you weren't being obtuse :-)

> 1) I hope we can agree that an Officer of the corporation should be
> subject to the direction of the Legal Affairs committee.

Agreed.

> > My point is to make the document reflect the reality of our organization.
>
> Reality is what is reflected on this page:
> http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/
>
> Click on any of the clearance documents.
>
> I don't know what you are smoking, but those documents are real.

Of course. I didn't say "get rid of IP clearance". Please read my original
email, if you think otherwise. I just want to alter the published steps to
reflect that our TLPs are not beholden to the IPMC. We use the Incubator as
a location to record these things (which I find odd, but is a separate
discussion).

Cheers,
-g