> On Nov 4, 2015, at 11:32 AM, Joe Brockmeier <j...@zonker.net> wrote:
>
> * I would invite folks with access to go to Sentry's private list and
> look over discussions about adding new contributors, and discussions
> about the project in general.

I took a look.

From a community growth perspective, I see them adding new committers, which is
a good thing. What I don’t see is any discussion at all about adding PPMC
members, nor any discussion about why they chose to go the Committer != PPMC
route.

In a thread related to the first new committer being added [1], it is pointed
out that the podling website stated that Sentry was Committer == PMC, but that
the new member vote was only for Committer. At that point it looks like the
website was updated to reflect Committer != PMC. From that point on, all new
member votes were for Committer only, and there were no discussions regarding
adding new PMC members or promoting committers to the PMC role.

What I find slightly disconcerting is that there doesn’t seem to be any
consideration or discussion around growing the PPMC and why that’s important.
Sure they have 20-odd PPMC members from the initial committers list, so it
would take a pretty large exodus to render the project unable to function, but
I don’t see anything to indicate that they understand the function and
importance of growing the PPMC.

If I’ve misinterpreted anything, please feel free to correct me.

-Taylor

[1]
https://mail-search.apache.org/members/private-arch/sentry-private/201402.mbox/%3cCAHUddLNXceMb0xnk=1GEb6tVmCshYQMFe=zcpplgfcwgg+f...@mail.gmail.com%3e