Yes, it would be good to take a survey.  Interestingly, I wasn’t aware that ANY
Apache projects used RTC until I became involved with a project in the Hadoop
ecosystem, which seems to align with Tood’s statement since all the projects he
is listed as being involved in are part of that.  In fact, when I was mentoring
the project I am familiar with I asked during incubation why they wanted to use
RTC and was told that it was because that is the way all Hadoop related
projects worked. Since most of the committers were paid to work on the project
by their employer I also got the feeling that it aligned with that.

Ralph