This is a great tutorial, thanks, Justin! Also good video editing.

I wondered why you did not mention file headers further (beyond for
inspecting licenses), as that is part of ASF policy (while not a legal
requirement for using the Apache license)

The example is very simple, but actually there is no actual content
that would be (c) ASF :-) --  except the README file and index.html, I
think both (or at least index.html) should have ASF headers.

On 23 June 2016 at 01:16, Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At the last ApacheCon I was discussing with Marvin about some of the issues
> around assembling license and notice files. One of the ideas we come up with
> was to have some worked examples.
>
> So here is a small example I put together of a fictional Apache project using
> Bootstrap. Code is on github [1] and the checkins show each step needed to
> bring LICENSE and NOTICE into complicance. I’ve also made a short (4 minutes)
> screen cast of the process here [2].
>
> Feedback, spelling errors, legal corrections/queries etc etc all welcome. Do
> people think this is useful and would they like to see more examples?
>
> Thanks,
> Justin
>
> 1. https://github.com/justinmclean/ApacheWombat
> 2. https://vimeo.com/171210141