Hi,

> Sure, but mu point is: since I'm not comfortable going against the
> current stated policy
> on unmodified 3d party:
>    http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#3party

Why exactly is that against policy? You are adding a header to make clear what
the license of that file is. That not a modification or removal of the license
(point 1) it’s just documentation. I would note that point 2 states "Do ensure
that every third-party work includes its associated license, even if that
requires adding a copy of the license from the third-party download site into
the distribution”, so in that case if you don’t add the header you would not be
complying with that policy, unless the full license text is placed somewhere
else in the release.

Thanks,
Justin