Hi Roman,

Thank for the comments.

> Two of the areas that I'd like to explicitly solicit IPMC's opinion
> on are:
>     1. whether the process of re-licensing from LGPL to ALv2
>      was enough given the ASF's strict IP policies

The initial release was LGPL v2.1 but I changed the project license
to APL v2 on Mar 16, 2015.
The current codebase does not have dependencies to LGPL.

I guess there are some other projects migrated from LGPL to ALv2
before becoming to Apache projects.

For example, Apache OpenOffice was LGPL in the past release
before joining to Apache.
https://www.openoffice.org/license.html

>      2. whether the 5 initial committers make sense given that
>      there's a total of 15 contributors as per GitHub stats.

The current 5 initial committers are who made significant feature improvements
(e.g., pig/spark support) or continuously contributing patches to Hivemall.

Some of intern students of my company are contributed significantly to
the project
but they are not contributing continuously after the intern period.
So, I'm not selecting them as initial committers.

Our intent of this incubator proposal is building a diverse developer community
following the Apache meritocracy model.

We welcome external contributions (including past intern students) and
plan to elect committers from those who contributed significantly to the project
during and/or after the incubation process.

Thanks,
Makoto

--
Makoto YUI <myui AT treasure-data.com>