Nicolas, all,

Despite your believes, you do release communities. Because the community is
the incubating project. Only after the community meets the criteria of
graduation a proposal is submitted, seconded by the IPMC and reviewed by
the board. The community works the code during incubation until it
consistently meets just one (small set) of the graduation criteria
(compliance to ASF rules). But all the other aspects (community size,
diversity and interaction) are far more important for the success, given
the principle Community over Code.

Otherwise, your suggestion to use the same standards for releasing as tlp
(released communities) and the examples brought forward look very sound and
acceptable.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>