Hi John, et al,

>From an Infrastructure position, I have several points w.r.t to this
request, and its associated Jira ticket [1] :

* The spam potential is large for this, so I suggest it gets treated like
announce@apache, which requires sending from @apache and forced moderation
of *all* messages. I hope we can have a mailing list to use those features
(a simple fan-out alias won't do it), with subscribers being other lists.
We'll note in the ticket if a problem arises.

* As I've raised elsewhere, Infrastructure work/costs have a direct
correlation to podling entry, and podling graduation. Adjusting the
podlings@ fan-out at entry/graduation is heaping on. more work. I've spoken
with John on HipChat, and asked that the IPMC provide a script to fetch and
print the desired set of target dev@ lists (I don't want Infra to guess;
y'all need a script to define the set). We'll incorporate that into a daily
cron job. Whether the script uses LDAP or pulls podling.xml ... *shrug*

If there are any questions/concerns, then please continue here or in the
ticket.

Cheers,
Greg Stein
Infrastructure Administrator, ASF