On Jul 3, 2017 3:43 PM, "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 6:28 PM Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's confusing. Here are some questions and thoughts.

wouldn't get flagged.  I had posed on the list "1955 - 1971, Fake Atom
Enterprises" which obviously would be an invalid copyright used only for
demonstration purposes.  (for those unfamiliar, US Copyright law started in
1976, entities prior to that date wouldn't have been valid).

US copyright laws started with authorization in the Constitution followed
by enabling legislation shortly after Independence.

US laws *changed* several times after that point. A particularly big change
occurred in 1989 when the US entered the Berne convention by passing
implementing legislation.

Not sure what you could be thinking relative to 1976.

Also, why make the example strange? Why not take a real copyright header
for an example?