From: Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Sent: Friday, July 7, 2017 9:11:15 AM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Griffin-0.1.5-incubating [rc2]

Hi,

> Just confirm , you mean ASF license header as below is wrong , after double
> check, I do see this ASF license header in griffin. I don't remember where
> this license comes from.

It’s likely that the files were either original from a 3rd party or someone
copied the license header out of the LICENSE file.

Note that the ASF has different header requirements for ASF projects [1] and
for 3rd parties using the ASF license. [2]

Rat doesn’t pick up this issue btw so it can be easily missed.

Given that the NOTICE file clearly states the ASF the copyright holder wouldn’t
this issue be more in the fix in the next release basket?

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers
2. http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html#apply