Hi Mark,

> IBM developed a JBatch RI at github. They didn't officially submit their
> JBatch RI as podling but just gave us the OK to  do a 'friendly fork’

Thanks for that that’s clarifies what going on and looks fine to me. Not easy
to review without that context however :-)

> What we probably should do is to review all the (c) IBM files and check where
> we did add some significant amount of work (surpassing the threshold of
> originality).
> For those files we should _additionally_ also add the (c) ASF to the headers
> imo. Not a biggie,

Not a biggie - you need significant changes before changing / adding an
addition header but up to the PMC.  See points 4/5 in [1]

> I think there is no need to add anything to LICENSE as they are ALv2 anyway.

See [2] it’s not required but recommended especially if it’s not ASF licensed.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#3party
2. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#alv2-dep