Ok, I will include the public KEYS URL in future calls for vote.

Thanks,
Jonas

 On Fri, 25 May 2018 13:25:24 +0100
 sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 25 May 2018 at 12:10, Jonas Pfefferle <peppe...@japf.ch> wrote:
Hi Willem
You can find the KEYS file here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/crail/KEYS

Is that sufficient or do we also need to put the file here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/crail/ ?

Please only one location where the KEYS are maintained.

The one under dist/release is required, so use only that one.

The VOTE mail might as well use the URL which is provided to the general public:

https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/crail/KEYS

That shows that the KEYS file is ready for the release.

Thanks,
Jonas

 On Fri, 25 May 2018 11:42:28 +0800

 Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com> wrote:

I found the KEY file from the PPMC voting mail[1].
According to note of from apache key home[2], the Key for release should
not be the link.

- The KEYS files must be stored in the ASF mirror directories. This ensures that they are archived along with the releases to which they
apply.
- The KEYS file are needed to check signatures of archived releases. Thus keys should only ever be added to the KEYS file, and never normally removed. Now the LDAP group for a project will change over time, and a committer who signed one or more releases may no longer be in the group. Also if a project moves to the Attic, its LDAP group will be removed.

[1]https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@crail.apache.org/msg00268.html
[2]https://people.apache.org/keys/

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang