I agree with Bertrand on that a - projected - viability of having a
fruitful lifespan under the umbrella of the ASF is key. And that IMO is
much driven by popularity of the code as it must fill a certain level of
need to adopt, and the desire of those participating in  the - incubating -
project to keep the works attractive AND grow the community. If either
declines that viability to survive as an ASF project decreases drastically.

Re: at least 5 active PPMC Members
As we learned from the Trafodion graduation, it was (is?) also required
that (some of) the ASF Members mentoring the project were going to be part
of the PMC after graduation.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

Apache Trafodion <https://trafodion.apache.org>, Vice President