Hi,

>> - A search of the private list show only one PPMC added past the initial
>> commuter list and they were added without NOTICE being sent (and only
>> corrected when I pointed it out).
> Yes, that is correct. The community decided to accept him. But number of
> contributors grows well, from less than 20 to near 70 just in main repo.

In order to grow the community you not only need to attract contributors but
also need to recognise merit and hand out commit bits to those deserving of it.

>> - The podling roster lists both PPMC and committers [1], including people
>> not on the initial list [2], but I’m unable to find any discussion or votes
>> to why they were added.
> That is because SkyWalking has the community, and its PMC and committer teams
> before join the incubator[3]. We keep that as same as before, in order to
> avoid more concerns.

I’m sorry but that raises more concerns, similar to above, but perhaps I'm
misunderstand what you mean here. The structure of the old pre Apache community
shouldn’t really effect the makeup of the proposed PMC, usually the initial
committers of the podling should be PPMC and thus proposed PMC members (unless
they have indicated otherwise).

But again I welcome input from the project mentors and happy to go wth what
they (and any other IPMC members) think.

> - Has a software grant been received or IP clearance happened?
> The SGA is not required from my understanding. This project is my personal
> project, and then belong to OpenSkywalking org which is just a virtual org in
> GitHub.

And all of the contributors to OpenSkywalking org have signed ICLAs? Is this
recorded anywhere? Was the IP clearance completed? [1]

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://incubator.apache.org/guides/ip_clearance.html