Hi,

Thanks for your response it clears up a few things, but I’m still concerned
about community growth and in particular how merit is recognised and still
think, despite good progress being made, that it may be a little too early for
SkyWalking to leave the incubator.

> Well spotted.
> DongXue Si, Kai Wang, Sheng Wang, Yang Bai, Yuntao Li, Zhang Kewei, should
> all be part of the PPMC (and should have been from the podling creation).

Well that explains one thing.

> This was a mistake made, mea cupla, confusing the process for adding the
> initial PPMC and adding new PPMC.
> Everyone learnt by the mistake being made.
>
> Although a mistake was also made in not first voting this person in as a
> committer.

Voting people in as PMC members, skipping the committer step is fine, and for
some projects there’s no distinction between the two,

> HaoyangShinn Zhang is Xin Zhang, who appears in the original proposal. There
> was some confusion about clashing apache IDs early on. This is one of the
> reasons I like see the chinese name used after the english name.

And that explains that.

Thanks,
Justin