Hi -

There are some projects where the binary is all the users want. For example,
Apache OpenOffice. In that case these binaries are an exception and while on
dist they are not mirrored and instead we distribute through SourceForge.

I think if binaries are kept in a separate folder from source then DISCLAIMERs
could be required to be added.

To move to a new url would be very disruptive. To tell projects that they can
no longer distribute binaries for community convenience would not be a small,
reversible change.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone