Quoting from the document -
Unique Enough Names

The name needs be unique enough to avoid confusion with software that
already exists. For the community to be able to protect its reputation for
quality and openness, its name needs to unique enough to have potential as
a trademark.

But this isn’t only about being able to register trademark protection.
Ethics also plays a role. Even where a name may offer enough protection,
existing adoption of the name by an active community may mean that the
choice needs to be eliminated on ethical grounds. There is some judgment
involved in this decision. So, involve the wider Incubator community if a
name is already used.