one part that may not be obvious is the bookkeeping overhead on projects
with many repositories and also the load on the IPMC.

For example in zipkin, we are migrating several repositories. You can
imagine a surge of release verification votes which if people here want to
take the burden of responding to, surely can. Noting that there are already
several IPMC involved it might for some members feel less priority and they
may choose to not vote at all (such as our last release).

Probably secondary to folks here is the burden on the podling to track the
incomplete releases. It is less about rush more about excess tracking. It
is possible that a project can achieve a "good driver status" to reduce the
burden of having to create a wait condition especially if it is not the
case people do anything during it.

my 2p