On 02/04/2019 16.41, Ross Gardler wrote:
Myrle makes a good point. As a mentor (is been a long time though) I tried to
cast my vote after there were at least 3 views from the community. Once I saw
the ppmc catching issues I was missing, or I was simply ratifying their view,
it was time to graduate.

The IPMC should have nothing to do with it, other than as a backstop for absent
mentors.

Interested IPMC members can join the community like everyone else. They are not
some privileged group that gets special treatment.

I agree and like this!

Can we change the rules such that a PPMC release vote only needs to
be notified to the IPMC (general@), and without further ado be accepted
when at least +3 binding votes have been given on the podling dev list?
That leaves room for other interested IPMC members to participate in the
vote *there*, but won't depend on it.
Only when not enough binding IPMC votes are collected during the podling
release vote, it can either be re-started on general@, or a heads-up can
be send there requesting explicit help from other IPMC members.