Parallel would solve our problem of delayed bookkeeping as well. good idea.

It is not so much about about the initial 72 hours, rather the pause
then another 72hrs that someone having to remember. Podlings have a
stateful experience during a release.. they have to know which are in
what stage. voting is more stateless. My goal is to have podlings and
folks who have stateful tasks to be able to complete them with no more
stages than necessary.

People will drive up quality to have less burdensome process. You'll
notice zipkin already automating things people have been emburdened by
for years [1] . If higher gates are needed for a faster process, I'm
sure we'd find a way to do that vs the alternative. No ones goal is to
do more red tape than necessary or take longer doing it I'm sure.

-A

[1] https://github.com/openzipkin-contrib/apache-release-verification