Hi,

thanks for your clarification. I can only speak for myself and I try to involve
in discussions where I think I can be helpful or where I have a strong opinion
(usually from the podling perspective).
But, of course, I do not want to disturb things or annoy people on these lists,
so I was a bit confused by the sentence, as it is, indeed, a public list.

If its these "drive-by comments" that arre annoying then I would name that so,
e.g. "What seems less helpful in some cases is involvement of non-IPMC members
which drop comments and leave the discussion then."

But, I can also live with your clarification.

Julian