On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 7:24 PM Craig Russell <apache....@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Jun 3, 2019, at 2:33 PM, Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
> wrote:

> > I agree, but if you read the disclaimer is says nothing about releases,
> perhaps that needs to change?
>
> Yes, I'd like to change the disclaimer to state that releases cannot be
> considered completely reliable, should not be depended on for production,

I believe the above two phrases would be unfair to mature projects. In
fact, to 95% of all the projects that arrive in the Incubator. The projects
*are* reliable and *are* used in production.

The only difference is they are learning how to become an Apache-style
community. The software doesn't magically "degrade".

> might not have passed all normal Apache reviews, etc.

Concur.

> I am of the opinion that the board should not need to be involved in
> telling the incubator what particular release deficiencies can stop
> releases. The incubator can certainly ask the board for advice on proposed
> change to policy.

Concur.

Cheers,
-g