Hi,

> That's exactly what we tried and were given grief about. We waited
> until 3 binding +1 votes, which is for practical purposes all of our
> active mentors

To be accurate this was tried without any discussion about this decision on a
mailing list (that I could find). IMO (and others may have other opinions) it
was probably too soon to go down this path. One of Apache sayings is if it
didn’t happen on a mailing list, then it didn’t happen.

I would suggest the project engages in clear conversation with the PPMC and/or
IPMC on the right mailing lists about any decisions along these lines. Doing so
will mean that things will go much smoother. If the podling PPMC wants to try
things in another way, please clearly indicate that, by discussion or vote on
its dev list ands involve the wider IPMC in that decision. The IPMC is willing
to listen and discuss any proposal put fthe projects PPMC puts foward.

Also as I previously suggested it would be better to start a new thread about
this.

Thanks,
Justin