Hi,

> I was not directly involved in this, but it is my understanding that the
> modifications to our source NOTICE file between 0.15.0-incubating and this
> version are a result of this thread on the IPMC vote,
> https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201906.mbox/%3CCAOGo0VZoqnNuMdBsbiPB1gzqdR_WAp8wyBx7jeANaKKkm6pavQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E.
> which suggested that the NOTICE files should contain only what is strictly
> required for the files actually contained in the bundle to which they
> apply.

Given you have soured files from all those project the minimum would be the
project name and copyright line, I’m not seeing that. [1]

> With regards to the 'lorem ipsum' text, I am unsure of how this is licensed
> and somewhat surprised how hard this seems to be to find out

I believe it’s either public domain or the copyright has expired deepening on
teh versions you use but it’s not easy to find out. It not an issue, just a
curiosity.

>  I believe the wikiticker-2015-09-12-sampled.json.gz data was collected by
> Gian Merlino
> from an IRC channel where a bot prints out all wikipedia edit activity in
> real-ish time. I don't know and haven't yet found out the ownership details
> of the contents of that IRC channel, I will try to follow-up and resolve
> this as soon as I figure out how to do so.

My guess is that you would need permission from the people who content is in
that file, that’s probably going to be hard to obtain, so it may be best to
replace it with something else if possible.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#bundle-asf-product