### NEW COMPONENT! ###

Hello IPMC and Apache DataSketches Community,

1. This is a call for vote to release Apache DataSketches-hive version:
 1.0.0-incubating-RC1

    NOTE 1: This is the Hive adaptors component of the DataSketches library
that enables Apache Hive to access the datasketches-java core library.

  A. Results from the PPMC vote:

     - 3 (+1 binding) votes.

     - The vote thread can be found at the Permalink:

https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/datasketches-dev/201910.mbox/%3cca+uapntlptpic78pyo6fs9mokafo-yhxo9s9yz3-qrkzjcc...@mail.gmail.com%3e

  B. Testing/actions/votes performed by the voters in the PPMC Stage 1:

    - Furkan Kamaci (+1 binding)
         - Incubating in name
         - DISCLAIMER exists
         - LICENSE and NOTICE are fine
         - No unexpected binary files
         - Checked PGP signatures
         - Checked Checksums
         - Code compiles and tests successfully run

         I have one objection:
             - src/main/javadoc/stylesheet.css file has missing Apache
license header. (This file has been removed in master)

    - Dave Fisher (+1 binding)
        - I checked the same as Furkan.

        I am concerned that you were downloading from repository.apache.org
for many of the artifacts.
        This repos is used by apache projects to stage for release and some
organizations do get their
        IP addresses banned for over use of it. (we are still discussing
with Dave to understand the issue here)

    - Liang Chen (+1 binding)
        - Incubating in name
        - DISCLAIMER exists
        - LICENSE and NOTICE are fine
        - No unexpected binary files
        - Checked checksums

2. Source repository:
    - https://github.com/apache/incubator-datasketches-hive

    Git Tag for this release:
    -
https://github.com/apache/incubator-datasketches-hive/tree/1.0.0-incubating-RC1
on branch 1.0.X-incubating

    Git HashId for this release starts with: 5319e72

3. The Release Candidate / Zip Repository:
    -
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/datasketches/hive/1.0.0-incubating-RC1/

    The public signing key can be found in the KEYS file:
    - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/datasketches/KEYS

    The artifacts have been signed with --keyid-format SHORT : 8CD4A902

4. Repository: [Nexus](http://repository.apache.org) (Jar Artifacts):
    -
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/datasketches/datasketches-hive/1.0.0-incubating/

5. Build & Test Guide:
    -
https://github.com/apache/incubator-datasketches-hive/blob/1.0.0-incubating-RC1/README.md

6. This vote is the 2nd stage vote:
   - This voting process will remain open for at least 72 hours
     and until at least 3 (+1) IPMC votes or a majority of (+1) are
acquired.

Please vote accordingly:

    [ ] +1 approve
    [ ] +0 no opinion