Dear IPMC,
Apache Hudi (incubating) (pronounced Hoodie) stands for Hadoop Upserts anD
Incrementals. Apache Hudi (incubating) manages storage of large analytical
datasets on DFS (Cloud stores, HDFS or any Hadoop FileSystem compatible
storage) and provide ability to query them. Apache Hudi (incubating) community
has voted on and approved the first source release. The source release version
is 0.5.0-incubating-rc5
Results: 3 binding +1 votes
One -0 vote with the note that "NOTICE needs to include (incubating)"
This NOTICE file inconsistency is also seen in other incubating projects. We
have fixed the inconsistency subsequently in the NOTICE file in our master
branch :
https://github.com/apache/incubator-hudi/commit/834c591955cfa8a9c5f286967d693932564b6764.

Here is the voting thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/7eac27261a475dfda25ea711e93d93e7305af38866f38e0dac80ad1f@%3Cdev.hudi.apache.org%3E
Here is the voting result email:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/053dc9462759b7db9a60e4fd651dfe207f20d317c7ae195c390c2a55@%3Cdev.hudi.apache.org%3E
The Apache Hudi community had verified the following aspects of release:
- verified checksums and signatures [SUCCESS]- license header check [SUCCESS]-
No binaries in source release [SUCCESS]
- verified RAT check [SUCCESS]
- built from source release (mvn clean install -DskipTests) [SUCCESS]
- mvn test from source release [SUCCESS]

I'd like to call a vote in general to approve the first release of Apache Hudi
(incubating). Please review and vote on the release candidate #5 for the
version 0.5.0, as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release [ ]   0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm
okay with the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
   - JIRA release notes [1]
   - The official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2],
which are signed with the key with fingerprint
AF9BAF79D311A3D3288E583F24A499037262AAA4 [3],
   - all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4]
   - source code tag "release-0.5.0-incubating-rc5" [5]

   -
https://jira.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12322822&version=12346087

   -
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hudi/hudi-0.5.0-incubating-rc5/
   - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/hudi/KEYS
   - https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehudi-1005/
   - https://github.com/apache/incubator-hudi/tree/release-0.5.0-incubating-rc5

We also have a new release validation script available in master to automate
the usual checks. To run this

   - git clone g...@github.com:apache/incubator-hudi.git

   - cd incubator-hudi/scripts
   - ./release/validate_staged_release.sh --release=0.5.0 --rc_num=5

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. The vote will pass if a majority
of at least three +1 IPMC votes are cast
Thanks,
Balaji.V(on behalf of Apache Hudi PPMC)