Hi,

+1, binding.

I've been quietly following similar discussion in some different threads,
because I've had the same issues with mentoring incubators, including help some
pmc members to release in some TLPs. According to my understanding, whether it
is incubation project or top-level project, there are some unclear places in
the distribution, especially after more and more package management tools
appear, PyPI, NuGet, Helm, DockerHub and so on. I highly respect the
foundation's concern and effort on intellectual property and brand legal. From
the perspective of the development of the project, we may need to have more
flexible mechanisms to ensure that our products are easy to be distributed.
thus improving the speed of iteration and release flexibility of the products.
In that point, clarification in incubators is a great thing, and projects can
learn to adapt to the rules as soon as they are hatched. But I'm also concerned
about whether the rules should be applied to the top-level projects(Maybe this
discussion goes beyond IPMC), and I would be totally supportive of such
continuity and compliance between Podlings and TLPs.

Best Regards,
Von Gosling