Hi everyone,

After discussion with the community[1], and a positive vote result[2], we
believe we’re ready for graduation to a TLP, and we'd like to bring up in
discussion with the IPMC.

Please see the proposed board resolution below and let us know what you think.

A few points to assist in the discussion:

- Released 8 official Apache releases
- Voted in 33 committers including 22 PPMC members
- Achieved 30199 stars (and counting) on GitHub
- Apache suitable name search has been approved [3]
- Completed the Podling Maturity Assessment, all items are passed [4]
- Our PPMC is diverse and consists of members from 4 organizations
- There have been 489 contributors to the codebase
- Closed 4661+ issues
- Merged 4,833+ pull requests

We've resolved all branding issues which include Logo, GitHub repo,
documentation, website, and DockerHub.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r0099bfda742dda24ade370b1c80ba6feeb5db525375a72c1e7142e39%40%3Cprivate.superset.apache.org%3E
[2]
https://lists.apache.org/list.html?d...@superset.apache.org:lte=1M:graduate%20Apache%20Superset
[3]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-173,
[4]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/wiki/Apache-Maturity-Model-Assessment

Establish the Apache Superset Project

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish
a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
of open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public,
related to data exploration, analysis, visualization, and dashboarding.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
(PMC), to be known as the "Apache Superset Project", be and hereby is
established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Superset Project be and hereby is responsible
for the creation and maintenance of software related to data
exploration, analysis, visualization, and dashboarding.; and be it
further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Superset" be and
hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache Superset
Project, and to have primary responsibility for management of the
projects within the scope of responsibility of the Apache Superset
Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache Superset
Project:
 * Aaron Suddjian       <suddj...@apache.org>
 * Beto Dealmeida       <b...@apache.org>
 * Bogdan Kyryliuk      <bkyryl...@apache.org>
 * Chris Williams       <ccwilli...@apache.org>
 * Craig Rueda          <craigru...@apache.org>
 * Daniel Gaspar        <dpgas...@apache.org>
 * Erik Ritter          <erik...@apache.org>
 * Evan Rusackas        <rusac...@apache.org>
 * Felix Cheung         <felixche...@apache.org>
 * Grace Guo            <grace...@apache.org>
 * Jeff Feng            <jf...@apache.org>
 * Jesse Yang           <y...@apache.org>
 * Jim Jagielski        <j...@apache.org>
 * John Bodley          <johnbod...@apache.org>
 * Krist Wongsuphasawat <kri...@apache.org>
 * Maxime Beauchemin    <maximebeauche...@apache.org>
 * Michelle Thomas      <michel...@apache.org>
 * Nishant Bangarwa     <nish...@apache.org>
 * Serena Jiang         <ser...@apache.org>
 * Tai Dupree           <t...@apache.org>
 * Ville Brofeldt       <ville...@apache.org>
 * Will Barrett         <willbarr...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Maxime Beauchemin be
appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Superset, to serve in
accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors
and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be
it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Superset Project be and hereby is tasked with
the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator Superset
podling; and be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
Superset podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are hereafter
discharged.

Thank you,

Evan Rusackas
( he | him )