Hi,

> Berkeley DB uses a Category X non-commercial license, which Justin points out
> is not an open source license.
>
> Berkeley DB Java Edition uses a standard Apache License, v2.0 with an
> additional license that appears to be the 3-clause BSD license for an
> embedded third-party component; both of which are Category A licenses.

I'm not 100% sure this is the case, it’s not 100% clear from that page [1] that
Berkeley DB Java Edition is licensed differently.

This page [2] has conflicting but non Apache compatible information:
"The our open source license permits you to use Berkeley DB, Berkeley DB Java
Edition or Berkeley DB XML at no charge under the condition that if you use the
software in an application you redistribute, the complete source code for your
application must be available and freely redistributable under reasonable
conditions. If you do not want to release the source code for your application,
you may purchase a license from Oracle. For pricing information, or if you have
further questions on licensing, please contact us at
berkeleydb-info...@oracle.com."

Thanks,
Justin

1.