Hello,

This is Trista, one of the AGE mentors from July this year. I didn't join this
community from day one but like to share something about it.

After joining, Andrew, one committer of the community, contacted me that they
wanted to have a meeting with me to talk about the community's developing and
goals. So, I gave them many inputs and suggestions.

I have to say they really listened to my voice and made many efforts in this
community. From the news [1], we can learn this community has a quick grow-up
from August this year. More new committers joined, more releases launched.
Here, thanks to the help from Craig, Justin, and Willem since I could see their
guiding in private@age ml and this ml.

They looked lost at our first meeting, but I could see progress and willingness
to create an active community these days. Also, they really took their actions.
As one of their mentors, at least I could look at their feedback on my
opinions, and they became familiar with the release process, knew the
importance of people involved in the community.

However, the subproject is a surprising issue, so I'd like to listen to other
IPMCs voices about it. Furthermore, thanks to IPMCs suggestions to AGE. @PPMC
of AGE, please have closed eyes on them, some of which need to be settled down
from my view.

[1] https://incubator.apache.org/clutch/age.html

2020-04-30 Project enters incubation.

2021/03/19 New Committer, Dehowe Feng

2021-02-19 First Apache AGE release v0.3.0.

2021-05-03 Apache AGE release v0.4.0.

2021/08/03 Apache AGE release v0.5.0.

2021/09/13 New Committer, Alex Kwak

2021/10/15 New Committer, Andrew Ko

2021/11/08 New Committer, Pieterjan De Potter

2021/11/15 New Committer, Nick Sorrell

2021/11/23 Apache AGE release v0.6.0 (New)

2021/12/07 New PMC, Dehowe Feng (New)

Best,

Trista

Juan Pan(Trista), Twitter: @tristaZero
---- Replied Message ----
| From | Andrew Ko<andrew...@agedb.io> |
| Date | 12/18/2021 08:44 |
| To | general<general@incubator.apache.org> |
| Subject | Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache AGE Incubating as a Top Level Project
|
> IMO - You are setting the committer bar too high. If the contributor has
some expertise that’s good. Remember you want this project to survive for a
long time. If you set it too high then people will lose interest.

First of all, I didn't know non-code contributors can also become a
committer. :)

I believe AGE would not have come this far had it not been for non-code
contributors, especially users.
Graph technologies are still relatively new from a developer perspective
even though there are many hypes around for data insights and AI.
But I see many graph enthusiasts? in the community really wanting to help
others experience the benefit of graph.