Hello Calvin,

> On 20 Sep 2022, at 05:44, Calvin Kirs <k...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>  It seems like an interesting project, if you need mentor, you can count me
> in.

With pleasure, I added you to the list of mentors.

> I have  one question:  I quick check to see [1],
>
> It seems that you are the only one of the initial committers who has a
> commit in 2022.

Yes, this year, a colleague and I spent a lot of time on the basemap [1]. As we
progressed toward creating a full-featured map style, we encountered
limitations with the JSON configuration files and experimented with other
approaches (YAML, etc.). Eventually, we moved to javascript, which allows us to
split the configuration into several files and to manage complex styling
directives more easily (comments, variables, functions, etc.). The basemap has
now been merged into the main repository with a single commit [2]. My goal is
now to stabilise this feature and to focus more on building the community.

[1] https://github.com/baremaps/openstreetmap-vecto
[2]
https://github.com/baremaps/baremaps/commit/17be0caba7378943adea984d6aebfbb94e71aabd

> The top four contributors in [1]  Their total LOC looks good. If you
> think they have a good understanding of the project, I suggest adding
> them as well.

This is a good idea. I will contact them and check if they are interested in
joining the project as commiters.

Best regards,

Bertil