On Wed, Oct 19, 2022 at 7:37 PM Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Is there a maximum time for incubation?  Target?  I have not read incubator
> > docs closely.
>
> Not really but we expect a projects to exit in 1-3 years, and at 4-5 years we
> tend to ask them to retire, but it does vary.
>
> > I could also see a dashboard with milestones [ various requirements for
> > graduation ] at various timelines, and whether projects are ahead/behind
> > 'schedule’.
>
> I like the idea but it might hard to gauge - the Incubator podling reports
> does have a general progress indicator.
For those programs that have been incubating for more than two years,
would it be better for the mentor to sign off with how close the
current state of the community is to graduation? The status quo is
that we rarely see in the reports what the specific challenges are for
podlings to graduate.

> Kind Regards,
> Justin

Best wishes!