Hi Justin,

I can answer why apache SeaTunnel(incubating) community didn't use ASF Slack,
To be honest, It is not very convenient to create a seatunnel channel
in asf-slack space, because the time zone is different, and the users
in the community are mainly in the UTC/GMT+08:00,  usually they invite
users who don't  have apache mail into the slack group, users do not
want to wait for several hours to pass.
So I suggested the initial ppmc team to create
apacheseatunnel.slack.com , and it is voluntarily managed by PPMC
members of the Apache SeaTunnel (incubating) community

Best Regards

Apache DolphinScheduler PMC Chair & Apache SeaTunnel Mentor
David
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidzollo
Twitter: @WorkflowEasy