Tison,

Thanks for the reply!

On Wed, May 15, 2024 at 1:43 PM tison <wander4...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We have an official account on NPM [1] and the associated org [2] (cc @Mark
> Thomas <ma...@apache.org> IIRC who manages this account).
>
> [1] https://www.npmjs.com/~theasf
> [2] https://www.npmjs.com/org/apache
>
> Both of these associations can improve the verification and brand for your
> release, while you may use the @apache scope in your package's name to
> replace the handy apache- prefix that isn't endorsed by NPM's mechanism.
>
> For the name and branding topic, I would suggest (in priority):
>
> 1. State your display name as Apache KIE™ (incubating) on the release page
> (README).
Ok.

> 2. Build an association with our official NPM organization, following NPM's
> mechanism.
How? Every package we ever published to NPM under KIE is owned by
https://www.npmjs.com/~kie-tools-bot now (some of them were
removed/renamed). We can give control to the ~theasf user, no problem.

> 3. Change your package name (handle) to @apache/kie-xxx.
This is what I'd like to avoid, as it's going to be major work on our
side due to the number of packages we have, delaying our release even
more... I see OpenDAL has some packages published under the `opendal`
and `@opendal/*` names, which is kind of analogous to what we'd have
without renaming. Of course we can move everything to @apache/kie-* or
@apache-kie/* to comply with the guidelines and requirements, but if
this could be postponed to the next release, it would be great.

> As for the VS Code Extensions, I'm unfamiliar with this scope, but it seems
> there are other names like "kogito". What are the relations between them
> and KIE?
Drools, jBPM, SonataFlow, OptaPlanner, Kogito, and Tools are all
components inside KIE. All KIE VS Code Extensions are already
published under these names I listed. Renaming it would mean
essentially creating new extensions, without any relationship to the
old ones whatsoever. Example:
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=kie-group.dmn-vscode-extension

> As for the WebJar, I'm unfamiliar with this scope also. And I don't find an
> entry called sonataflow-deployment-webapp on the page you linked.
If you type "sonataflow" in the search input at the right-hand-side
you'll see that a JAR was published based on the NPM package. See
https://central.sonatype.com/artifact/org.webjars.npm/sonataflow-deployment-webapp

> The official name of an ASF project is always Apache Foo [3], and we should
> use this name when possible.
Ok.