Thanks for the additional information, Tison! Really appreciate it.

Certainly right after the release this will be a top priority for me.
The Apache KIE project publishes a lot of artifacts to a lot of
different places, so this is all a little bit overwhelming to do for a
first release. I'm glad the incubator allows for it to be done at a
slower pace.

I already adjusted the names of all our VS Code and Chrome extensions,
and they all will contain a DISCLAIMER at the end of their
descriptions. The publisher names will change from "KIE" to "Apache
KIE™ (incubating)", and point to https://kie.apache.org/.

The WebJar's groupId unfortunately is not something we can change, as
the "WebJars" project is an automated thing that will take packages
from NPM and publish them to Maven. I guess for the next releases we
can either 1) Stop using this "WebJars" mechanism altogether and
publish a regular jar; or 2) Change our NPM package name to
"apache-kie-sonataflow-deployment-webapp" (Can't use scopes on this
one). This would produce the
"org.webjars.npm:apache-kie-sonataflow-deployment-webapp:[version]"
GAV. I'd rather do option 1, though.

As for the VS Code Extensions themselves, absolutely we can use this
deprecation strategy. It's a shame we'll lose the download counts
(again), as these extensions started being published by Red Hat, then
moved to KIE, and now are moving to Apache :) Nothing that a good
README and nice deprecation messages can't help solve, though, I hope.

Regarding the NPM packages, I guess that @apache/kie-*, @apache-kie/*,
or apache-kie-* all are idiomatic enough. It's a common thing that
projects start from an "unscopped" name to later on have a lot of
packages and therefore start using a scope. Since we already have a
fair amount of them, I guess we can really take advantage of the
scopes from the beginning, except for those package that absolutely
can't have a scope, like VS Code Extensions.

Sorry for the lengthy email, and thanks again for the messages you
sent. Really helped build our confidence in going for a first release.

Regards,

Tiago Bento