> > What about starting the "reuse" quest by reusing the jakarta-tools
> > repository ?
>
> Wouldn't that break the "old" version of Watchdog ("jakarta-watchdog") that still
> has dependencies here?

In what way ? By adding new directories and tools the old one shouldn't be
affected. Watchdog is using moo.jar ( which is also used by tomcat3.3 to
run the watchdog from a web application ).

> At any rate, the process questions need to be settled now (before any of us get
> any more entrenched in our attitudes :-) -- IMHO it is premature to start checking
> in code.

I don't expect too much code to be checked in in the close future, but I
hope this will move us from "talk" state into "do" state, and maybe at
least 1-2 tools will be checked in to jumpstart the process and to allow
us to test the concepts.

It's hard to know if something will work you don't try.

--
Costin