Peter Donald wrote:

> I would also like to hear from the struts bean utils. I haven't looked at
> them but I presume they would be general enough (or could be made so) so
> Ant2.x could use it (ie remove converter/introspector elemenets from Ant2.0
> codebase).

They are -- and they have dependencies only on JDK classes for the following
org.apache.struts.util classes:  BeanUtils, ConvertUtils, and PropertyUtils.
Javadocs are online at

    http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/api/index.html

I haven't voted yet in this thread because I haven't seen anyone else say
"let's figure out the process issues first."  I guess it's not as interesting
as writing code :-), but it is very much as important to a shared resource like
this.

I will coordinate contributing any or all of the code listed at the bottom of
my "Code Sharing Concepts" message, but I'm definitely not interested in making
any project I'm a part of dependent on an ad hoc collection of code with no
rules about who can change what.  I've been bitten way too many times in that
scenario.

> Cheers,
>
> Pete

Craig