Ah, so according to the site the proposed PMC
represents:

  Peter Donald:
    Avalon, Ant
  Diane Holt:
    No listing on Site, don't know her
    work
  Ted Husted:
    Site doesn't list Karma, but I know
    he at least works on Struts
  Ceki Gülcü:
    Log4J
  Geir Magnusson Jr.:
    Velocity
  Daniel F. Savarese:
    Site doesn't list Karma, probably ORO
  Hans Bergsten:
    Site doesn't list Karma, don't know his
    work, probably Tomcat?
  James Duncan Davidson:
    Tomcat, Ant
  Pierpaolo Fumagalli:
    Jserv, probably Tomcat?
  Craig McClanahan:
    Jserv, Struts, probably Tomcat?
  Sam Ruby:
    Site doesn't list Karma, don't know his work
    (other that his Chairmanship, that is :)
  Jon S. Stevens:
    JServ, ECS, Turbine
  Anil Vijendran:
    Tomcat

So if you cross-reference this list against Jakarta
subprojects, you get the following subproject
representation:

  Ant 2
  Avalon 1
  ECS 1
  James 0
  Jetspeed 0
  JMeter 0
  Log4J 1
  ORO 1
  Regexp 0
  Slide 0
  Struts 2
  Taglibs 0
  Tomcat 5
  Turbine 1
  Velocity 1
  Watchdog 1

An improvement, I guess, but still not perfect.  The
Apache board's compliant still seems legitimate, since
we don't really know who's representing what.

Maybe Sam could comment on the roles of the nominees,
since I'm sure he knows what project they work on, and
the site is not specific enough.

--- Jon Stevens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> on 3/8/01 11:44 AM, "Morgan Delagrange"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have no objection to the elections, but for the
> > benefit of the Jakarta members, could a current
> PMC
> > member please list the PMC members (current and
> > proposed) and which projects they are qualified to
> > represent?  I at least would like to know who's
> > speaking for what project.
> >
> > - Morgan
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/whoweare.html
>
> -jon