Ah ha, I missed item 5.  That's exactly what I was
hoping would happen.  Re-elections are also a good
thing.  Thanks, Sam!

And a damn fine spreadsheet.  I must admit, I'm not
familiar with the inner workings of the Jakarta CVS
system.  I didn't even know the avail file was out
there until Jon pointed me to it this afternoon.  Very
helpful in putting names to projects.

--- Sam Ruby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Morgan Delagrange wrote:
> >
> > Sam Ruby:
> >   Site doesn't list Karma, don't know his work
> >   (other that his Chairmanship, that is :)
>
> Well, let me introduce myself then.
>
> I was the release manager for Tomcat 3.1 and pretty
> much all of the
> releases of Ant until 1.0.  I was a very active
> coder in both (primarily
> focusing on getting both to work on JDK 1.1 and
> Windows) until they got
> "good enough" for my purposes at which point I
> focused on community
> building activities.  I spent some time nurturing
> the xml-soap subproject
> and getting the Bean Scripting Framework open
> sourced.  Most recently, my
> focus has been on a proposal for jakarta-alexandria
> by the name of "Gump",
> and occasionally nudging the commons proposal in the
> direction I would like
> to see it headed.
>
> > Maybe Sam could comment on the roles of the
> nominees,
> > since I'm sure he knows what project they work on,
> > and the site is not specific enough.
>
> Watch this space.  Take a look at the agenda I
> posted.  Pay particular
> attention to items 3.2 and 5.
>
> Also item 4.2 is the key towards the long term
> solution.  I personally like
> the model of the Apache board where every year every
> board seat is up for
> re-election, and all of the members get an
> opportunity to nominate and vote
> for their choice.
>
> - Sam Ruby
>
> P.S.  If you want to see who has karma to which
> project, "cvs checkout
> CVSROOT".  Look at a file by the name of avail.
> Meanwhile, here is that
> information in a more convenient form:
>
> (See attached file: committers.zip)

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/zip