burtonator at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Just an FYI.
>
> I have spent a lot of time recently working with the Hypersonic people.
>
> There are a number of issues here.  It seems they talked to Apache in the past
> about moving Hypersonic under Jakarta but were turned down.  Since then a lot
> has happened.
>
> [...]
>
> That said I hope other ASF developers are able to convince them to change
> their ways where I have failed.  I am sure more voices will help make these
> issues more relevant.

IMVHO, we shouldn't run after projects who, as you said, have a negative
inclination towards the Foundation. We have already enough stuff in our bags
to keep us busy forever, and although the project seems to be pretty cool, I
don't see a reason why we should incorporate it within our family.

If one of their team comes up and asks, we can consider it, but I don't feel
it's our task to go out and convince them to join us...

<?xml version="1.0">
<dorkism source="uber geek">

  Apache != Borg :)

</dorkism>