On Tuesday, July 24, 2001, at 04:30 PM, GOMEZ Henri wrote:

> And after all sourceforge is now a really good area
> to host OpenSource projects (java and others).....

This isn't Sourceforge. I'm actually *not* in favor of bringing a
database under the Jakarta umbrella. It's out of scope in my opinion --
and scope creep is a problem that we've been facing for a long time.

It may be something that the wider ASF wants to consider. And that's
something for [EMAIL PROTECTED] But even then, I'd still not be in
favor of it. Apache has got enough on its plate for a while.

Part of my reasoning comes from watching people treat the fact that a
project is at Apache as an endorsement. Others doing projects want to
get affiliated with Apache for that reason -- and sometimes that reason
alone.

Apache should do things that Apache wants to do

James Duncan Davidson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
!try; do();