Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> What about the velocity, and xalan-smoketest failures?
>
>The velocity change is probably not related to JUnit at all, it
>probably is the latest change to Ant's Project.java (Texen is getting
>a warning because it is redefining a task and gets some unexpected
>output).

There is something more going on.  Yesterday, the 6 pm pacific time version
of Ant, velocity worked with the previous day's junit but not with the
junit that was current.  However, I can not make the same statement about
the 6 am pacific time versions of these components.

It's rare that multiple events such as these (Geir also committed a patch
that might be contributing to this) conspire this way!

>Without digging too deep into it, I'd blame the xalan-smoketest
>failure to the changes to xml-xalan/test/build.xml or
>xml-xalan/test/test.properties, not JUnit either.

I haven't tried the various permutations, but you appear to be right -
simply backing out the junit changes is not sufficient to get this test
passing again.

Stefan, Geir, Shane, others, let me know if it would be helpful for me to
try various combinations of backing out changes in order to isolate when
the failure was introduced.

With gump, it is as easy as:

   cd junit
   cvs update -D 2001/10/20