On 10/22/01 1:04 PM, "Jon Stevens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> on 10/22/01 6:22 AM, "Jason van Zyl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> It works fine, but there is a problem with the imports being placed in the
>> wrong place when there is text right after the package declaration. I asked
>> Tom Copeland to fix this for me and he said he would get to it today. It
>> does the job correctly, it just doesn't put the imports in the right place.
>
> Run the ant target that I pasted here against Scarab and you will see that
> it does NOT work fine at all. I pasted it here so that I wouldn't get a
> response like you just gave me.

I only ran it on a small body of source, but Scarab is a good test bed.

> Here is an example of some imports it f*cked up:
>
> [196][ src/org/tigris/scarab/om ]% more Attachment.java
> package org.tigris.scarab.om;
>
> import text.plain;
> import org.apache.fulcrum.upload.FileItem;
> import org.apache.torque.om.NumberKey;
> import org.apache.torque.om.Persistent;
>
> I never knew that text.plain is a proper import. :-)
>
> Here is another one:
>
> [197][ src/org/tigris/scarab/om ]% more IssueTemplateInfo.java
> package org.tigris.scarab.om;
>
> import email.RequireApproval.vm;
> import org.apache.turbine.Turbine;
> import org.apache.fulcrum.template.TemplateContext;
> import org.apache.torque.om.NumberKey;
> import org.apache.torque.om.UnsecurePersistent;
> import org.tigris.scarab.security.ScarabSecurity;
> import org.tigris.scarab.security.SecurityFactory;
> import org.tigris.scarab.tools.Email;
> import org.tigris.scarab.util.ScarabException;
> import org.tigris.scarab.services.module.ModuleEntity;
>
> Wow. When did Velocity files become ok to import? :-)

But it did a pretty good job, I think after a couple rounds of fixes it will
be fine.

> It appears that in its search through files, it finds any mention of a
> "foo.bar" and sticks it into an import. That does not seem like a very good
> assumption.

Poking around in the constants pool isn't necessarily straight forward even
though BCEL makes it much easier.

> Another problem I noticed is that it imports java.util.Set when it doesn't
> need to as well.

I think that's a superclass problem. Same thing I ran into with the little
hack I whipped up.

> Yes, I compiled with debugging on.
>
> I'm starting to think that post processing JAD (the java decompiler) output
> would be a better idea.

I think in a couple of days it will do the trick just fine. I ran it on the
Tambora source and it wasn't that bad. It doesn't work yet but it's pretty
close.

> -jon

jvz.

Jason van Zyl