Vincent Massol wrote:
> I'm not sure what you mean. I've had a look and the dependent jars are
> _not_ put with the gump build (or the release build).

I mean that if we all start offering our JARs as a separate download,
like Lucene and some others are doing, then people who need these JARs
can get them without downloading the entire distribution.

Once that happens, someone could build an automated process on top of
that.

Or, even without an automated process, you can just provide a hyperlink
to the download direcory and let people choose whether they want the JAR
or the distribution. Right now, most often, you have to download a 3mb
archive just to get a 150kb JAR.

I'm just thinking of doing a page about "How to make a Jakarta release",
and thought we might suggest this as a convention. If we start
suggesting this now, then by the time we get through the next release
cycle, we would all have JARs out where an automated process can get at
them. (Or where they can at least be quickly downloaded the old-fasioned
way.)

-- Building Java web applications with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/